- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM):
founded in 1898 for the development of standards on characteristics
and performance of materials and services.
- American Gear Manufacturers Association (AGMA): founded
for setting up a numbering system to define gear oil viscosity.
- American National Standard Institute (ANSI): coordinates
and creates standards.
- Independent Lubricant Manufacturers Association (ILMA):
- British Fluid Power Association (BFPA): founded in 1986
to promote the technical, trade and commercial interests of British
manufacturers and suppliers of hydraulic and pneumatic components.
- European Committee of Associations of Manufacturers of Gears
and Transmission Parts (EUROTRANS): represents the technical and
commercial interests of nine national Mechanical Power Transmission
Association from Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Italy,
Netherlands, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom at European and
- Union National des Industries de Transmission Mechaniques
(UNITRAM): represents French manufacturers of Mechanical Power
Transmission products like gears, speed reducers, gearboxes,
bearings, clutches, roller chains, lifting chains and conveyor
- The American Bearing Manufacturers Association (ABMA): it
is a non-profit association consisting of American manufacturers of
anti-friction bearings, spherical plain bearings or major
- Power Transmission Distributor Association (PTDA): organized
in 1960, provides its members with information, education, and
business tools required to profitably meet the needs of the
- The Plane Bearing Standard Association (PBSA): consists
of American manufacturers and distributors of plane style bearings
such as rod ends, spherical plane, bushings and sleeves.